Part-Time & Full-Time Options
Focused on extending the life and value of client websites, Cheeky Monkey Media is a Kelowna-based digital agency working with clients on their websites and digital marketing strategies. Our typical clients are medium to large-sized organizations in the non-profit, higher education, tourism, and local government verticals.
We’re currently seeking an eager Marketing Coordinator to join our team. The position carries two major priorities: work with our VP on our internal website and digital strategies, and learn as much as you can in the process.
The ideal candidate will have finished there education in marketing or communications, and have some hands-on, real world experience working with digital marketing channels. Social Media Management, Google AdWords Basics, and Content Development are all great skills to have.
You’ll be working with a passionate team of developers, designers, and web professionals who share a common goal, a weird sense of humor, and more than a little sass. If you have a creative and strategic marketing mind, the ability to take an idea and execute on it, and are eager to learn and grow in a marketing role, then we want to speak with you.
- Support and work with the VP to coordinate marketing programs including social media calendars, content development, and organic keyword strategies.
- Review and analyze the market to gain insight into key competitor strategies and practices.
- Learn, understand, analyze, and report on digital metrics (you can read Google Analytics, and understand what’s happening).
- Collaborate with the team to make sure our content follows brand guidelines and tone of voice. This includes thoroughly reviewing content, editing, and paying close attention to details.
- Creating and editing content for the company website, as well as managing pages.
- Take a hands-on role in campaign execution across different platforms, and prepare reports on progress
- Possess a keen eye for design. This is a position that occasionally requires the ability to develop appealing content using different tools including Adobe Products, Canva, and more.
- Assist with the accurate and full documentation of new, successful processes.
- University degree or other post-secondary degrees in Marketing, Business Administration, Commerce, Design, UX, or related field.
- One to two years’ relevant experience in a marketing role.
- Excellent proofreading and writing skills.
- Excellent understanding of the social media landscape.
- Strong understanding of digital analytics platforms.
- Familiarity with website administration and publishing (like WordPress).
- Experience with email deployment software is a plus.
- Fluent in English – speaking and writing.
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud (i.e., InDesign, Photoshop), Figma, or Canva is an asset.
This is a fairly entry-level/junior role. Your abilities to learn quickly, adapt to changes, and come up with decent marketing ideas based on various situations are integral to success in this position. If you can apply rational thought to creativity, and marry that with a basic understanding of digital marketing, then you’ll be a great fit.
As this is a junior level position, candidates in the local area (Kelowna) will have preference so that we can coach and develop them in a face-to-face setting. However, if you’re a non-local, ambitious marketer just cutting your teeth in the real world, we’d love to hear from you.
Please send your resume and cover letter directly to [email protected] with the Subject Line: “ATTN: Patty – Eager Marketer Reporting.” In your cover letter, tell us a bit about yourself and answer the following questions:
- What (rather shocking for a skilled writer) errors did our VP make while writing this posting?
- What’s your favorite metric in Analytics, and why?
- What do you think is the most important skill for a marketer to have?
In your response, please disregard your career counselor’s advice: you can have up to a two page cover letter to answer the questions (if needed).
We thank everybody for their applications, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.